blogger hit counter

Friday, December 11, 2009

It's our 9th anniversary today..

..aur baar baar mere zehen mein ek hi gana aa raha hai:
"Nau saal pehele mujhe tumse pyaar tha...aaj bhi hain aur kal bhi rahega"
Toh kya hua agar Sau ko Nau banaya...gana toh theek baith raha hai na?

It's been a heck of a journey, these nine years and more. Here's how we met against pretty strong odds: http://rachnasays.blogspot.com/2009/11/my-knight-in-shining-armor.html
I mean what are the odds for two people to meet, one from mumbai and one from hyderabad, studied in different B-schools and worked at different places. Imagine, had I met her before the ad in Jeevansathi and told her that "u, yes U will be marrying me. So I am going to put arm around your waist like this" what would her reaction be? I'd be getting a resounding slap, right? So, what's the way to be able to do this rightly? It goes through Jeevansathi.com :)

What can you say about a simple cosmopolitan Mumbaiite girl who loves her family unconditionally with the same fervor as she loves her alu-badiya dishes :) She is a UPite but she has the sophistication and polish of a British royal. In my 9 years of marriage I must've heard her fart(more of a whimper, if u ask me, which needed to be confirmed that it was a fart), maybe, 3 times. I haven't seen her pick her nose ever. English and hindi are probably the only languages she know but her knowledge of them are impeccable. I still discover new hindi words from her even to this day :) She might not know why the 3 pin plug is not going into a two pin socket but she knows how and why our body functions. She is a walking-talking human encyclopeadia but she also admits that she discovered a lot of amazing human features only after marriage, which she feels is super-human ;)

She always know what is the right thing to do in any given scenario. No wonder that she has never had any problems with her in-laws ever! That doesn't mean that we haven't had our share of tiffs. But that is only because I am the most stuck up, boorish and tactless person in an area 50 kms around me. She's the kind of tension difuser the sorts which I haven't seen before her. She'll be the one to open up conversation lines with me even if she's mad at me, of course for bad things said/done by her due to my misbehavior(read above) ;) She's the darling of the kids because she's the best mom that is ever possible, unless, of course, if they step on her nerves on a wrong day.

I do injustice to her beauty by taunting her with my innumerous-virtual-hot-girlfriends :) But somebody has to be there to do the clowning around and keeping up the giggles in the marriage, right? Jokes aside, I take this day to tell her that she's the most beautiful woman I know inside and outside and I can't imagine life without her. This must the be the most romantic thing I have ever said even secretly ;)

4 comments:

Rachna said...

My day today and many more days to come are made by your appreciation and love. For a change, I am at a loss of words :)

Manu- The Unborn said...

Guys u two are like bread & butter...:))) Wish u both loads of happiness ..


Love: Manpreet

GP said...

Thanks Manpreet! Same to you too!

Rama Ananth said...

Wow! I finally land up in my friend's husband's blog, and get to read such lovely things about Rachna.It feels nice to find out that you people are made for each other. Can't imagine my husband ever saying these things or something similar about me.
Though we have been married for many, many years such appreciation is yet to come. Maybe he appreciates in silence.